Fender Kenny Wayne Shephard Stratocaster Black NOS Rare
The Kenny Wayne Stratocaster is essentially a vintage-style platform. The essentials are tall-and-wide jumbo frets, a synthetic bone nut, a 12-inch fretboard radius and Graph Tech bridge saddles (Shepherd has used Graph Tech saddles for many years and praises how they widen frequency response, improve sustain characteristics and reduce string breakage compared to typical, stamped saddles). The pickups are also specially voiced for low output, Fifties-style clarity and the smoky overtones of an early Sixties Strat. The six-screw tremolo’s maxed-out spring tension keeps it from floating on bends and further improves the guitar’s base tone.
Acoustically, the Kenny Wayne Shepherd Signature Strat is everything that it should be: loud and percussive, with ringing depth. These traits remain unchanged when plugged into either a clean or driven amp channel. Even when coupled with fuzz or distortion boxes, the guitar’s acoustic qualities shine through.
- Alder body
- Maple neck
- Rosewood fingerboard
- 12" radius
- 21 jumbo frets
- 25.5 scale length
- 1.650" nut width
- Fender® Vintage Style tuners
- Vintage Style Synchronized tremolo with Graph Tech® saddles
- 3-ply mint green pickguard
- Custom-Voiced Kenny Wayne Sheppard pickups
- 5 way selector switch
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck and Middle Pickups); Tone 2
- (Bridge Pickup)
- Fender Standard Tension Bullet End ST3250R, nickel plated strings
- 10-46 gauge
- Deluxe Gig Bag included
- Unique features: "Kenny Wayne Shepherd" signature on back of headstock, racing stripe graphic on black.
Thanks for visiting Midlothian Music. Call us (708) 403-3733 with any questions. Proudly serving your music needs for over 55 years as a family owned business. Open 7 days weekly and shipping daily. We stock a large selection of electric guitars and are uploading new items regularly.
Midlothian Music Price $ 869.00